March 20, 2009
Rundown of the bonuses. No names as yet – that I’ve seen. AIG Liddy said that some will return their bonuses 100% – but he wants to protect their identities because of death threats. Somebody wanted to strangle the bonus recipients with piano wire.
AIG BONUSES BY THE NUMBERS:
- Top recipient received more than $6.4 million
- Top seven bonus recipients each received more than $4 million
- Top 10 bonus recipients received a combined $42 million
- 22 individuals received bonuses of $2 million or more, and combined, they received more than $72 million
- 73 individuals received bonuses of $1 million or more
- 11 individuals who received $1 million or more are no longer working at AIG, including one who received $4.6 million
They were supposed to be retention bonuses so the talented people who allowed this to happen wouldn’t go ruin other companies.
***(3-24) UPDATE: Andrew Cuomo announces some bonus recipients have agreed to return bonuses.
Hardball: timeline of bonuses
Tim Geithner’s AIG Timeline
AIG $165M bonuses after $170B bailout
AIG bonus breakdown
barry on AIG (video)
AIG: Edward Liddy (video)
Tim Geithner on Charlie Rose (video)
Andrew Cuomo: $30M of AIG bonuses will be returned
Andrew Cuomo’s letter to AIG (10-28-08)
Chris Dodd: 33% approval rating